Thoughts on the year...Winter break has always been a time of relaxation for me. A chance to recharge and revive. This year it's also a time for me to look back on all the amazing events of the last year.
- I began the National Board process. This can take up to three years, and is a very intense process.
- I planned a wedding. This has been an amazing journey. It has challenged me in ways I never would have imagined, but I have come out stronger for it.
- I continued to turn my condo into a home. Ray replaced all the lighting in the condo, creating a more warm and welcoming feel.
- I finished and polished my YA novel, and began work on another Contemporary novel. While the first begins to make the submission rounds, the second is about 1/4 the way done. This is my 7th or 8th manuscript (it's getting hard to keep track people).
- My writing support group morphed and grew, and I can now count some of the most amazing women, writers, and people as my friends. I love you all! (and yes, you know who you are).
As the year 2010 draws to its close, take a moment and think about all the blessings in YOUR life. It's so easy sometimes to glom on to the negative, but the positive has so much more power.
Labels: random musings