Monday, May 09, 2005

Hmmm...

Why is it that we are hardest on ourselves? Case in point, my writing schedule. I know better than anyone else what my life looks like right now. To an innocent bystander I appear absolutely crazy. And this is completely understandable. I go to grad school full time, I work, I write, and I attempt to see my friends. Of course, the last bit gets lost along the way sometimes. My writing schedule is currently about 2-4 pages a week, and this does not include papers. If I include papers, then I am probably writing about 20 pages a week, give or take a few. When I check in with my writing friends (from here on out known as The Girls), then are quick to remind me that something is better than nothing. And believe me, I am well aware of this. But that little part of me that still believes I can do it ALL keeps nudging me to step it up. So my question is why? Am I simply an overachiever? Is there something miswired in my brain? Am I too competative? Why oh why do I insist that I can do anything and everything asked of me? I'm getting better about it. But the road is long, winding, windy and uphill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home