Saturday, July 30, 2005

The day the music died...

I rarely come home from a night of dancing saying, "My, that was boring". As a matter of fact, usually, I come back from dancing still high on the energy of the music. Sadly, you cannot have a night of dancing when the music (and the bar said music is in) will not cooperate. And you know it's bad music when the hot bartender is not bartending but instead waving you down to say how happy he is he got off work early. Now he can go somewhere where the music has not died to try not to embarrass himself too badly by dancing like the white man that he is. Now, I feel the need point out here that the usual band, The Kennedy Bros., pack this particular bar most Saturday nights. Simply put, they rock! Sadly, the sorry soul who actually invited this particular DJ to come spin tonight should quite possibly be forcefully removed from his position. I wonder, how much money will the bar lose tonight due to bad music?

I should also point out that we did attempt to go to a couple of other places around town. Unfortunately, the music just wasn't all that appealing at many of them, and the particular patrons they were attracting even less so.

Of course, the night wasn't a total loss. The bouncers (who have gotten to know me and Ms. K from our many nights out to this particular pub) didn't charge us the normal cover, and of course, we got to chat with my favorite bartender. But, I am still left with the desperate urge to get out and dance, with no where to go..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home