Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I love my family...

One of the core relationships in anyone's life is that between themselves and their family. I've used this as the basis for my current manuscript. The idea came to me when I was watching my mom and my nana talk about something (couldn't tell you exactly what at this point). I watched the interaction, and remembered countless conversations I've had with Mom and Nana (both together and separately) and recognized a universal truth: we cannot escape our families :D Not that I want to escape my family. Well, at least not most of the time.
I was reminded further about what prompted me to write my WIP, during a recent conversation with Mom. It went a bit like this:
Me: Hey, just wanted to let you know about last night...
Mom: How did it go?
Me: He didn't show, but there were some other people there. (insert details of the other male-type people at said event that I was able to flirt with).
Mom: How old is he?
Me: Probably about my age or a couple of years older.
Mom: Will you see him again? Did you give him your number?
Me: Yes we'll probably see each other again. I have my ways. He didn't ask, so no I did not give him my number. There really wasn't a good time to do that.
H (my stepdad, who can only hear one side of the conversation, in the background yelling to me): Give him your card! Don't wait! Give him your card!

*sigh* it's good to know I'm loved and that my family cares. really it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home