Sunday, July 31, 2005

my mind...the sieve

You would think that for as much as I do and keep track of, I'd have a better memory. You really would. This, however, is not the case. As a matter of fact, I have a notoriously bad short term memory. Honestly, I can remember things that happened when I was three, but not what I decided I should do an entry on last night.
Case in point: I walked down to the coffee shop i frequent yesterday afternoon. I packed up my bag with my alphasmart and a couple of books, intent on enjoying the sun and getting some work done. Keep in mind please, that I live at the top of a hill that is quite the pain to walk up. But I figured it was a beautiful day and even though my bag was heavy, it would be worth it. Plus, isn't hill walking good for me? So, I sat down for a few highly enjoyable hours. I had my tea, I had a good book, I had my writing. What more could I ask for? Apprently plenty. I decided before I left that I should make a quick stop at the grocery store (conveniently located attached to the coffee shop) for milk and butter (both of which i was out of). Upon entering the store, I thought to myself, "Hmmm...I could also use some turkey. Better grab a basket and see if there is anything else I need." Now, keep in mind this is all while still carrying around my very heavy bag. In the end I bought (among other things) half a watermelon, a half gallon of milk, butter, egg whites and bread. I paid, I left, and then I stood in front of the store wondering where I had parked my car. D'oh! Damn! *mental forehead slap* I walked. Yes, ladies and gentleman, I am a bit of a dork sometimes. So me and my bag and my two very heavy bags of groceries started the trek up the hill in 90 degree heat. This was not my finest moment. Was this a blond moment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home