Thursday, July 07, 2005

You've got Marilyn Monroe hair!

Yes, someone actually said this to me last night. Several times in fact. I'm still not sure where the connection came from, but I'll take the complement in a heartbeat.

I went dancing with a couple of friends last night when our plans for a game night fell through. So off we went to my favorite bar to dance the night away. Did I mention this was Seafair weekend? That of course means the ships are in town. And when the ships come to town, they bring the Navy men with them. All the more reason for us to go out, if you ask me.
My accomplishments for the night include catching the attention of the Hot Bartender I've lusted after for the last two years (hey, I got a kiss on the hand. I'm doing good!). Danced most of the night with Hot Navy Guy (yes he was a fabulous dancer) and managed to get a kiss on the hand, the cheek as well as multiple comments about how my hair looks like Marilyn Monroe's. I also got a kiss on the hand hello from the drummer of one of my favorite live bands, along with compliments to my hair. Hmmm...must have done something right to it last night if everyone feels the need to compliment it. Don't know for sure what it was, but I'll be sure to do my best to repeat it.

Things I learned from last night? Apparently the hand is the body part du jour for kissing.
Oh, and I'm short. This of course was pointed out to me while standing at the bar next to a man who had to be at least 6'7". At least. He turned to me, looked down and said, "Either you are really short, or I am really tall. Or you are standing in a hole." For the record, I stand at 5'1" so the first two statements were very true. Sadly, this was apparently the extent of his flirting abilities, because when I turned back from paying for my drink, he had wandered off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home