Monday, August 22, 2005

Always wear your floaties...

I'm home. I know most of you have no idea I was gone, but I was. I went with the fam up to Whistler, BC. It was a weekend full of riding in the car, eating, laughing, more eating, and generally having fun. Somehow I think my family managed to hit every McDonalds between Seattle and Whistler. Don't ask me how, but we did. And of course, we arrived with just enough time to wander the village before heading off to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants up there. Don't ask me the name though, cuz I can never remember it.
Saturday was truly the highlight though. After breakfast, lunch and more Village wandering, we all went off to try out ATVing. It was amazing! First of all, I let my sister drive. In an of itself both terrifying and exhilerating. I will admit when they were giving the safety instructions and discussed bailing out, all I could think was that my sister was driving and would she give me warning before she jumped off the damn thing, leaving me to go down with the vehicle over the side of a mountain. On an up note, there was no going over the side of the mountain, and only minimal need to clutch the handlebars with all my strength. I loved it! Next time we ZipTrek :D (think hooking yourself up to a clothesline up in the trees with only a carabiner and a harness between you and a very sore tush...or possible death).

I took my alpha smart up with me to try to finish off my page goal for the week (which i didn't quite meet considering how my hands felt after the ATV ride). but, i did get a great scene done while sitting by the pool. The scene was partially inspired by watching a couple of little kids splash around with their parents. They were at that age where regardless of their swimming abilities, they still have to use the flotation devices. There was something about it all that just clicked with where I was at in the book. I love that feeling :D

In other news...I've passed the half-way mark on the book. Yay!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home