Sunday, August 28, 2005

I was victorious!

Shopping. The word alone is enough to strike fear in most men, with the exception of those who actually know how to create "a look". Stereotypically, women are supposed to love to shop. I'm not sure where I went wrong on this. I do not like to shop. *let's take a moment for you all to get over the shock* In and of itself this is not such a bizarre comment, but when paired with the fact that in certain parts of my life I can be termed as "high maintenance" by some of my friends, this becomes almost heart attack enducing.
I do not like to shop. There I said it. I get nervous and anxious and cranky. Especially if I'm looking for something specific. I'll be honest, I simply do not have the patience to shop. I have had those few moments where I can wander through the mall for no reason in particular. I attribute those to being new to the area and without friends. Now that I have friends and am in a more lucid frame of mind, I have to wonder if someone didn't slip me something in order to watch me walk around the mall at random.
So I do not shop well. But I love to get a good deal. I love it! Show me a dress that is 75% off and I'm ready to dance through the aisles.
So, with all of this in mind, I drove up to the new Outlet Mall with my aunt this past friday. We were on a mission: get me school/work clothes. See, for two years I worked for a company where I could wear jeans to work every day. And I did. My other job required nicer clothes, but I am only there 1-2 days a week. So I had a handful of nicer outfits I could pull together, and that was about it. I realized that wouldn't cut it this fall, as I get ready to spend a total of 10 weeks this quarter, and all of next quarter, in the field Student Teaching. This requires nicer clothes. And not frumpy clothes. I've been warned by the lovely Serena that if I wear frumpy teacher clothes she will be forced to take drastic action against me.
We drove to the outlet mall, we visited the shops. I suffered through trying on the ENTIRE (and I'm almost not exaggerating here) petite department at Ann Taylor. I discovered that pants hate me. But skirts...ah, skirts, they love me. They show off my curves in a lovely way. I love skirts. And especially my new skirt. Of course, said new skirt is of a lovely chocolate brown shade which required me to purchase shoes of a similar color in order to not have to teach barefoot. So now, I have lovely chocolate-y brown shoes, a lovely, lovely skirt, and a few tops to mix and match. A shoes. Shoes that fit (another difficult thing for me). Now I can't wait for fall, when I can wear my new clothes (cuz they just look a bit odd in late August).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home