Saturday, August 06, 2005

It's raining, it's pouring...

This must be the week for water issues. My friend Serena recently had to replace her dishwasher, as it started leaking. Sometime last night, my upstairs neighbor experienced a similar problem. I came home from walking with Ms. K to the strange sound of something dripping. Did I leave a sink on? Did I not completely turn off the shower in the morning? No. Those answers were way too easy. Nope, the dripping came from the water entering my apartment via the light fixture in my hallway. It dripped through the night and into the morning, filling up a 5 gallon bucket about 3-4 inches deep with water (which let's be honest, is a lot of very gross, dirty water to have falling through my ceiling). My neighbor was not at home until late last night, by which time i started noticing dark spots growing on my ceiling. I kind of feel bad. She must have come home to a lake.

By the time I came home from work (yes, I was awake at 4:30 a.m. to go to work today), the dripping was stopped and her water heater replaced. Unfortunately, I still have the nasty water-filled bucket in my hallway, and dark spots on my ceiling. On the upside, the sky is no longer falling, and on Tuesday I get a new water heater to prevent a similar problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home