Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy, happy, joy, joy (or why apartment living is not all it's cracked up to be)...

Usually I can't complain about my neighbors. They are friendly (when we actually run into each other), reasonably quiet (except the new ones who actually tried blasting music in the room next to my bedroom at 1 a.m.), and altogether not serial killers (that I can tell).
However, there are some major downsides to living in an apartment. 1) The walls are thin. 2) My one neighbor's entertainment center is right against my living room wall. 3) She has surround sound, and the bass pumps right against my wall (and then continues to vibrate in my ears). 4) She is taking singing lessons of some kind. 5) she feels the need to practice her scales at almost 10pm at night, in her living room (which butts up against mine). 6) She feels the need to use her keyboard (don't think it's an actual piano) to practice said scales. 7) She thinks she's a soprano, but i can tell you from experience, she's a mezzo-soprano at best, and needs to stop trying to hit that High C.

Actually, she needs to take the practicing to another room...

The perverse, evil being in me wants to go out and buy a Yiddish CD (or maybe a Klezmer band CD) and blast it into her wall at 6 a.m., when she is trying to sleep. Just to share how it feels.

I probably won't though. I'm not sure where I would find a decent Yiddish CD. And I don't think I have any earplugs good enough to keep the assault from my own ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home