Saturday, September 10, 2005

It's a wet, wet, wet, wet world...

The rains have returned to Washington. After almost two whole months of sun, the rains have returned. I awoke this morning to the sounds of pouring rain outside my windows. A bit ominous, considering that I was supposed to do the AIDS Walk 2005 this morning. After a call to mizzz_k (who's been kind of under the weather) to confirm that she was still planning to walk, I geared myself up for it. We arrive to long lines, rainy weather, and the news that the walk was no longer a 5k walk, but had been shortened to 1 mile. Not sure as to the reasons for this, but there you have it. The walk is now a one mile jaunt through Capital Hill. As always, regardless of the weather, the people were festive, and ready for a party (so to speak). 5000 walkers signed up to walk this year, to help raise awareness of the disease and money for the Lifelong AIDS Alliance. Walk Volunteers lined the streets with noisemakers and...water bottles? Yes, ladies and gentleman, regardless of the fact we were only walking one mile, they had "water stands" set up every quarter mile. As if the rain water wasn't enough! I mean, seriously, no one was walking fast enough to need water, let alone, walking fast enough to need water every few hundred feet. Just about cracked me up.

For anyone still interested in donating, you can still do so here

In other news, my sister is now 22. aaahhh!! Not sure how this one happened, but it did. Someone allowed her to grow up. We went up to spend the afternoon with her. Gotta love family time. Mom also broke the news to her that she and step-dad will be out of town for Thanksgiving. She took it about as well as I did. Tee hee! Never let it be said we haven't learned how to give good guilt.

Also, on the book front Cathy Yardley, author of Couch World and LA Woman, has a new book coming out at the end of the year. Based on the excerpt, Surf Girl School should be another winner. Go check it out!

It's definitely getting harder to make my page committments now that I'm back in school. Right now I'm in the field, and the nights I haven't come home with a raging headache, I've been so tired all I've wanted to do was go to sleep. It should be interesting to see if the next week is any easier. Cross your fingers! Now, off to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home