Tuesday, October 04, 2005

L'shanah Tova!

First off, I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year. May all our wishes come true this year.

In other news, I have the dubious honor (or should that be horror) of being the student who the teacher made cry yesterday. I'm not going to go into great detail (cuz really it's not worth it). But suffice it to say, he was trying to prove a point to us as a class, and I got caught in the middle of it. Throw in already stressed out and PMSing, and really, it's just not a good combo. On the flipside, his lesson was highly effective because of my reaction. I'll never forget it.

In other news, I am 6 chapters away from the end of my WIP. *cheering wildly* I just might make it through this one.

And speaking of my writing, don't you all love when real life and writing life collide? This quarter my literacy class is focusing on writing. The books the teacher has assigned are fabulous! They read very conversationally, and they all reiterate much of what I've learned in the many workshops I've gone to as a writer. This way of teaching writing is very real to me, and makes me very excited to get out there and teach it.

Interestingly enough, it also prompted an idea for book. I've now gone from the usual mid-book freak out of "I'll never have another idea again!" to three possible ideas to choose from when the day comes. Woohoo!

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shabot Shalom!

I'm actually not Jewish, just fascinated by all things J. By the way, have you seen the movie "The Hebrew Hammer"? Did I already ask you that?

So you decamped to Blogger. I won't even ask why -- there are too many good reasons. I knew I should have just switched, instead of paying for that LiveJournal account. Had to put you on my links instead of friends. Well, that'll work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home