Thursday, October 20, 2005

Procrastinating (or why I love my family)

Procrastination is an interesting word. Depending on your personality, it is either the bane of your existance, or else your best friend. If you're in the middle of your book, it's not so bad. If you've extended your deadline with your editor twice, and you're coming up on the last three days with 8 chapters to write...well, not so good. See how that works?
I'm the queen of procrastination. I know I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. Even today, when I'm sure I could be doing something school related during my class break, I'm sitting here surfing the net and waiting for emails to come in. I could be writing for goodness sake! Well, I could, except I did not bring my alpha-dumb with me. So there goes that idea.
As for why I love my family...well they help me with this of course! I mean, what better way to procrastinate working (whether on my book or homework) than by going for a bike ride with Mom? Or a movie with my Aunt or visiting relatives? They make it so easy! Of course, then there is the flipside. Tomorrow I get to spend about 4 hours (give or take an hour) in a car with Mom, H, Lil Sis and Nana. Hmmm...me thinks headphones may be in order here. Or at least an anti-anxiety med ;)

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*SNORT* Tape recorder would be more appropriately entertaining. Mizzz K

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're the queen, then I'm the princess!-HLG

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I totally just saw this comment. *snort* okay, I dub thee Princess Procrastination

 

Post a Comment

<< Home