Saturday, October 22, 2005

Really, Officer...I didn't mean it!

Most of you may think I lead an uneventful life, and much of the time you'd be correct. The extent of my excitement is usually doing homework (as of late at least). Thursday night it all changed. You all think I'm this sweet, innocent young woman. I bet you all think I'd never do anything wrong or illegal. All I have to say to you is, HA!!
I've never claimed to be the best driver. My sister might disagree with me on this point, but I swear, I've never made such a claim. See, I have this thing...shhhh...come closer and I'll tell you. A little closer...
closer now...closer...I have a lead foot. SHHHH! Don't say it too loudly, or else everyone else will find out my secret. It's true. I come by it honestly. My grandfather (who taught me to drive) has one, and so does my aunt (who's old Nissan was my first car). So you see? I really can't be blamed for my behavior.
I could even blame my car. She's always doing some strange sh*t. Like trying to strangel my friend Christina, whenever she rides in it. Don't know what's up with that.
Unfortunately, Officer Tall, Dark and Handsome would likely disagree with me on this point. Especially at 11pm, driving home from Issaquah. There I was, minding my own business, cruising along, when I see these extraordinarily bright lights begin to flash behind me. Thinking that maybe he just needs to pass, I move over.
He followed.
I move over again.
He followed.
I can no longer convince myself he's not after me. *sigh* Pull the car over to the side of the road. Turn down the radio, dig out my wallet, roll down my driver's side window.
Wait, where did he go?
Oh...he's on the otherside of the car. Probably a good idea. Wouldn't want him to get smooshed by all the other wacko drivers out there. Roll up driver's side, roll down passenger side.
Not too much exciting from this point. He took my license, my proof of insurance and my registration, went to check that I wasn't a felon on the lam, and let me off with a warning. No more driving 70 in 60 mph zone.
On an up note, I must have looked so pathetic that I didn't even have to break out the tears.

4 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got off?! What's your secret?

Did you get home and realize your skirt had accidentally slid up past your thighs?

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Pathetic white girl at 11pm, and I was only doing 10 over. probably looked petrified and exhausted. you should try it some time :D

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger serena said...

I, for one, know you are not as innocent as you seem and am SHOCKED you only got off with a warning. I mean really, did he check your ID against INTERPOL? I think not if you were allowed off with a warning. :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Erin said...

what can i say...looks can be deceiving. it usually works in my favor :D
-e

 

Post a Comment

<< Home