Monday, October 17, 2005

She's worried about you...

So, Saturday was quite the morning for me. I went to work and in the space of 15 minutes my coworker freaked out on me for helping, apologized for freaking out on me, and told me that another coworker is worried about me. Now this second coworker, we'll just call her T, never remembers me, so I'm confused that she is worried about me. We see each other at many work related meetings, and she always reintroduces herself to me. Now, I don't take this personally, as we've only ever actually worked together a couple of times. Apparently the most recent time was more memorable. When I asked why T was worried, L's reply was that I need a man. And that T is in Israel. Now the first comment out is, "What? Is she bringing me someone home?" No, apparently not. Still, strange.
After about 20 minutes of pondering why T is worried about my single status, I decided to send a message along to her. I asked L to thank T for me. I mean, really, there's nothing wrong with more people keeping their eyes open. And she has many a connection in the Jewish community out here, so really no harm there.
L repeats that T is very worried. When I ask why, L says, "She wants to find you a husband". Um...how am I supposed to respond to this?
So I jokingly inform her that I'd settle for a date at this moment. L proceeds to tell me to call T (again, who never remembers me) when she returns from Israel to find out about the man she has for me.
Uh-huh. Yeah...see, not going to hold my breath on this one. If she's got someone for me, she can call me to let me know. Or better yet, give him my phone number. Can't hurt, right?

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Well, make sure you let this T person know that if she happens to pass through Italy on her way home, she can feel free to bring home an Italian man for me! ;-)

Christina

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very bizarre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home