Wednesday, November 30, 2005

All representatives are busy...

please hold for the next available representative.
And hold.
And hold.
And hold.
I think I may have held for about 10 minutes. I'm patient though, don't ya know? See it all started when I tried to order NYC's b'day gift online. I'm doing good. Her birthday isn't for a few more days, so the fact that I'm evening ordering it before said happy day is a good sign. That I'm going to have it mailed directly to her is just plain smart.
So I go online to the website where I saw the BEST present for her. I add it to my cart. I proceed to check out. I enter my address...her address...my credit card. You know, all the pertinent information. Then I hit submit and a lovely screen pops up informing me they are processing my order and a confirmation should appear shortly.
10 minutes later I'm still staring at the same screen with fascinating information about Earl Grey and how he's not just a kind of tea.
So I hit resent.
Wait.
Reset again.
Wait.
By now I've either ordered darn thing 5 times or not at all. Either way, I really should call them. So I do, and I'm put on hold. But I'm patient (see: beginning), and so I don't mind. Plus, I can read science while I wait. And wait. And wait.
Finally Mark answers my call. Have I told you about Mark? Very nice guy, this Mark. Was happy to help me figure out what happened. He punches in some codes, searches for my name...finds the beginning of my order but no proof that it actually went through. So he'll kindly try from his end. While he's punching in codes and keys we chat. Now, unlike Ms. K, I rarely chat up random people over the telephone. I try to be polite, but I rarely extend myself to say anything overly exciting. However it was 9pm, and I was feeling chatty. (hey, let's face it, I had no desire to do actual homework). So while Mark helped me order my present, I discovered that he had to be there until 3 a.m., recently moved and no one would help him, and that he too has stories that he could share with a total stranger, but won't because we were being polite.
*snort*
I think I've been spending too much time with Ms. K. She's starting to rub off on me and I'm starting to chat up random men over the telephone. Too bad said guy is in New York. But hey, at least I know who to call when I'm bored :D

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew my sparkling personality would rule the world one day! K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home