Thursday, November 10, 2005

And because it made me laugh...

I just read a post on another blog from a gal who recently went back home to visit in Michigan. Apparently when she told friends she was going back, they all became very curious as to why. As in, why would you go there? It's a good question, and one I have fielded myself. What really cracked me up about the post, though, was that she did the Michigan Mitten, when explaining where she was going.
Now, for those of you unfamiliar with it, the Michigan Mitten (don't know if this is the actual name for it, but it works) is when you take your left hand with the palm down to show it to another person. You then proceed to point out where in Michigan you lived. And yes, I will admit I have done this a time or two myself. All of us have. The funniest part of this, of course, is that unless you've actually lived in Michigan, the Mitten means nothing. I could be telling you I lived in the middle of Egypt with the Mitten and you wouldn't know the difference.
*grin*
So to all those out there in Michigan, know that we may have left, but we still know where we came from.
And to those of you who haven't experience the Mitten yet? Well, just ask. I'm sure whoever you ask will be more than happy to demonstrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home