Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Stupid internet...

Sometimes I think the internet is the worst invention ever. Before it came along, people actually had to call one another. You tied up the phone lines for hours with those "quick" calls to a friend. Letters (handwritten, that is) were the long distance way to communicate. Especially if you were at summer camp. Then it was letters home to mom asking if she'd send more clean underwear, or a few more books, or simply come and take you home. Oh, wait, that was just me.

The internet, on the other hand, is evil. It sucks you in and never releases you from its demonic grasp. Take email, for instance. I can literally spend hours online, waiting for an email. Not that I'm just sitting there waiting. No, in the meantime, I'll go read blogs, or check out new books on Amazon.com, or I'll look for strange and interesting news on the Yahoo front. Either way, I'll waste all sorts of time rather than doing the work I'm supposed to be doing. And let's be honest. If I have hours to waste waiting for an email to come that never does, don't I have hours in which I can be writing?

So the internet is evil...or maybe it's just email that is evil. I'd hate to over use the word you know. Don't want to set up those expectations, only to be proven wrong later down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home