Saturday, December 31, 2005

My car is possessed...

No, seriously! My car is possessed. Ask my friends, they'll tell you!

The first indicator was how close it likes to hold my passengers, Christina in particular. It likes to hold her very close, to the point where she has some trouble breathing. Usually, this is the extent of things. It doesn't phase me, as I'm pretty used to it. My mom's old car was possessed (we're pretty sure) by my great-grandfather. He liked to play with the locks while we were waiting for mom to come out so we could go to school.

The latest event occurred the other night, on my way to a movie with a friend. Everything was going along just fine, to start with. I picked her up, we grabbed dinner. Then we got back in the car, but when we closed the doors, it still registered a door open. Um...okay. Open the doors, slam them all again. Nothing. Lights are still on all over the car. Hmph. Probably a fluke. So we drive to the theater, I let my friend out to get in line, and I go to park. Lights still on. Get out of car. Re-slam all the doors. Nothing. Lights still on, car battery still at risk. *sigh* Okay, open all doors, repeat steps 1-3.
After about 8 minutes of this, I finally pried the cover off the interior light, figuring if I could just undo that, at least the battery wouldn't run out, as the car appeared to be closed up nice and tight. Too bad I failed to consider that all the lights that run around the interior of the car would still be lit. Okay, replace lightbulb and cover. Re-start car. Low and behold, light goes off. Hallelujah!
Quickly turn car off, get out, lock car to go get friend who is still in line. The early show has already started, so we decide to go back to the car to eat dinner and see the next one, which starts in 20 minutes.
Lights are back on. Shit! Thankfully, it only took another couple of minutes to get them off. I've since had no such problems.
So there you have it, my car is possessed. But at least I feel loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home