Friday, December 02, 2005

New way to get rid of telemarketers...

Yesterday I discovered a fun new way to get rid of people calling to ask you for your hard earned (and quickly dwindling) money. When you answer, and they ask, "Is So-and-so there?" You answer with, "May I ask who's calling?" As soon as you establish it is in fact a telemarketer, you answer with, "I'm write in the middle of writing a 20 page paper, I can't talk." They will quickly apologize and hang up. It works even better if you can get that little hit of psychosis or near hysteria in your voice,. Go ahead, try it!

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

I like to ask them for THEIR phone number, so I can call them back...preferably during their dinnertime. ;-)

Christina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home