Friday, December 02, 2005

Sometimes I just don't understand the world...

I received a phone call today. Not one of the exciting kind of phone calls that all us writers hope to receive. No, this one was from my University Supervisor. She called to tell me that a member of my cohort died yesterday in a car crash. 25 years old, and now he's gone. It makes no sense at all. We were a week from the end of the quarter. 3 weeks from the holidays. 2 quarters away from graduation. Now all of it is gone because some guy who probably shouldn't even have been behind the wheel decided to drive south on the Northbound side of the highway.
None of it makes any sense.
So to all of you who I don't say it enough to, I love you. You are all important in my life and I can't imagine it without you.
Please send up a prayer for my friend and his widow.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Oh, Erin, I'm so sorry to hear that! And girly you know I love ya too! Plus, remember if anything ever happens to me, I'll just come back and haunt...er...visit you.

I'll send up a little prayer for your friend.

Christina

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Erin said...

of that i have no doubt...but it would be a welcome haunt...er...visit :D

thanks, babe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home