Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Water, water everywhere...

If I'm not careful, I'll soon be able to turn my apartment into an aquarium. Maintenance is still working on stemming the flow of water through my walls (it stops temporarily, but then the rain comes back and so does the dripping). Caulking really only works if it stays dry enough outside for the caulk to dry. When the sky pours buckets of rain out onto the caulk, it will wash away. Now they are trying to take out the siding, and divert the water away from the walls with something called "flashing" along with heavy duty roofing tar. Huh.
On the inside, I have fans blowing on all fronts in an effort to dry my carpet and carpet padding. They have also set up a de-humidifier. The irony here is that the air in my apartment is dry enough ot set up a sandbox. Now they're going to steal even more moisture from the air. *sigh* This does not bode well for my nose, let me tell you. My living room currently looks like a shipwreck, with all the odds and ends pushed into the middle of the room, smooshed around so as to create a devil-may-care attitude about the place. This, of course, will make for much entertainment on Saturday night, let me tell you.
In the midst of all of this, I feel this grand urgency to shop. To be more specific: I feel the need to buy sweaters. "Why?" you ask. Well, some would say this is do to a deep seated psychosis in my brain. Ms. K. would say it's because I secretly enjoy shopping. I saw it's a need to create a feeling of home and warmth amidst the madness that is my living space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home