Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The gig is up!

The secret is out...
I'm not as sweet and innocent as I seem. But shhhhh! Don't tell anyone.
One of the members of Eastside RWA (my writing group), came up to me tonight to tell me she as on to me. She knew the truth!
Duck! Hide! Quick, before someone else finds out.
This all came when I innocently tossed (read: fired like a missile) my nametag to our new chapter secretary. Unfortunately, I misjudged the velocity and angle of my throw, and ended up almost knocking a fellow chapter member out (okay, so I would have only taken out an eye, but that's an important body part). M then came up to me and said, "I'm on to you..."
Uh-oh. Not good.
Apparently she's started putting two and two together...and came up with four. Darn.

So remember, if anyone asks you, I'm as sweet and innocent as they come. Really...I am.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...we all knew this a loooooooong time ago. Or at least I did when we were in softball and volleyball. Who helped to plot stuff against the coaches? hmm. you only seem like you are all sugar and no spice! But I know differently! :)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said...

aw - I'll still pretend to believe you're innocent. I promised!

Besides, it's more fun to wait for people to figure it out on their own than it is to tell them!

-M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home