Saturday, January 21, 2006

HOTTIE!!!

Why is it that some men (okay, more like boys) feel the need to shout out the window of their cars at women walking? And I'm not talking about the woman walking by in the short skirt, killer heels and legs up to there. I'm talking about the women in the sweatpants, fleece jackets and baseball caps out trying to get some exercise. What goal does it further to scream out of your window, "Hottie!! Ho-o-o-ttie!"? Hm? Now, granted, this is not the first time for it to happen. In fact, about once a month or so, Ms. K and I are startled by the bellowing yell of an adolecent male. But last night? It happened twice! (Okay, technically I think the second time may have gone more like, "Hey, pretty ladies!!", but you get the picture.) What the heck? Was I wearing a neon, blinking sign that read, "Easy"?
For all my male readers, yes, to some degree this can be flattering. However, in pitch dark, with only headlights and traffic signals to light your way, it's unlikely they could see anything beyond a blog of beige and black. So really, should I be flattered?

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew that two females walking, one in baggy black men's sweats combined with a double layer of sweatshirts for warmth, walking beside one in black workout pants topped with fluffy tan wooly fleece (also multiple layered) just s-c-r-r-RRRRR-r-eeeeaaaaamed "I'm out here to pick up men." Yeah. I have just added another line to my patience prayer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home