Monday, January 02, 2006

Some movies...

Are made to bring you to tears. Mom and I just finished watching The Notebook. Definitely an 8 hanky movie. So beautiful, yet so sad. Of course, you're pretty much guaranteed to come out of it thinking, "Why don't I have someone who loves me like that?" *sniff*

Of course, I also learned a very interesting tidbit about the book. Warner Books offered Nicholas Sparks (the author) $1million for his book, as a pre-emptive strike against other offers. Between the movie, and word of mouth, I'm sure they've earned back that advance many times over at this point.

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger serena said...

HA!!! I TOLD you it would make you cry buckets and ask that question, lol.

-Serena

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yes, you did warn me. Didn't help though...still cried like a baby.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that I really really love the book, then when I watch the movie...the young actress gets on my nerves! She's too too. otherwise, the movie is really great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home