Friday, February 24, 2006

The agony of branding...

And now, I'm not talking about a hot poker with some funky design on it.
As most of you probably know, I've begun thinking about the "image" I want to present to the rest of the world. What colors represent me and my writing? What phrase will make everyone think of ME when they hear it? Unfortunately, this is not an easy task. I've picked and picked at the brains of my friends, my family...heck, I'm tempted to tackle the mailman in the parking lot to ask his opinion. Poor Ms. K had to listen to me prattle on for over half of our walk last night, while I struggled back and forth trying to come up with a tag line.

In happier news...I have DSL!!!! I can check my email when ever I want to, without having to restart my computer and without waiting half an hour for the dial-up to connect.

And I'm proud as a mama bear to announce that Mindy Raf, comedienne extraordinaire (and my oldest friend), has been picked as this year's Comedian of the Year by TEABAG NYC, a performing arts cafe and bar in New York. Congratulations Mindy!!

3 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Maura Anderson said...

I hear ya on the branding thing. It took me forever to come up with the sort of look/feel I wanted :)

I do have a tag line but I don't tend to use it. Sometimes I think they are far overused.

Congrats on the DSL though! It rocks!

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out :) I'm also working a branding. It's hard. I keep drawing pics of breasts and then trying to fit my name in the cleavage. I think I may have to hire a graphic designer!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

I see you as turquoise. And something else... tiny bits of yellow? Yes. Turquoise, maybe a little dark green, and tiny spots of yellow, with navy lettering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home