Monday, February 27, 2006

Can I get a howl???


(Serena, me and Christina)

Party time! Saturday night I headed out with the girls to Howl at the Moon, for an evening of dueling pianos, casio keyboards and drums. Man, I love when all of us get out. Even if the official entertainment is a dud, I can count on my friends to keep it lively. Among the evenings sightings were:
  • a somewhat spastic woman dancing to almost every song (while her companions all sat calmly in their chairs watching...and probably smirking).
  • the raunchy humor that pretty much ruined the song American Pie for me forever.
  • The various bachelorette parties occuring each with their own check off list of things the bride had to accomplish.
  • Not a sighting, but still worthy of mention: Trying my hardest not to point out to the pianists that it was Christina's birthday (boy, am I proud of this accomplishment)
  • And of course...how could I forget the "interesting" outfits worn by the bars more inebriated crowd.
  • The "message mirror" where you could pay to post a message. Each time the price to replace the previous message went up, so that by 10:30 it was $11 to post something. For some reason many of those in attendance felt the need to broadcast (however jokingly) their impending bundle of joy...and who the father was (or wasn't!)
A fabulous time was had by all, as you can see in both the pics above and below. And hey, next time we're heading out to celebrate the release of Serena's first book! Heck, how can we not when they'll post any message at all for the ENTIRE night, for just $50. Talk about cheap advertisement.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Don't forget your failed attempt to head-bang to Queen! LOL!

Christina

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Really, not so failed. It's just that my bobby-pins apparently weren't up to snuff when it came to holding my hair in place while headbanging. The headbanging itself worked just fine :D Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home