Friday, February 17, 2006

Is it true?

Or is this a dream? Am I really done with my full-time student teaching? Have I really survived the last 6 weeks without causing permanent damage to my students' academic careers? Yes, this is truly a fear many of us have. But I did it, I made it through and I believe my students did learn from me. Okay, so it took a little convincing that a square is also a rectangle, but eventually they got it.
I also had my post-conference with the school's principal for my observation from earlier in the week. It went swimmingly. She gave me some really good feedback, and her only major concern was the length of time of the lesson.
So, I end the week on a high note. Now, it's time for me to start mid-winter break. I don't have to be back at the school for a whole week, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it. Well, enjoy it, and also stumble through my revisions. I'm on about chapter 6 right now, with a total of I think 13 left. Which can mean only one thing...time to get crackin'!

PS...as I type this, I can barely feel my fingers they are so cold, so bear with me. Thanks!!

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Congrats on the fab observation, Erin!! Enjoy your week off. :-)
Shannon

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said...

YOU MADE IT! lol

Congrats on the good feedback!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home