Monday, February 27, 2006

Not so newly discovered author...

Still, I feel I must point everyone to her stuff. I've recently begun reading Marjorie M. Liu's books. It began innocently enough. She is one of the authors contributing to the Crimson City series from Dorchester. Well, after reading A Taste of Crimson, I began seeing her other book Tiger Eye everywhere. Finally I broke down and ordered it from the library. It came in last week, and I read it during my gorge fest of books (it was in fact book #8).
All I can say is WOW.
This woman is my new hero (well, writing hero anyway). She gives me hope. Ms. Liu is my age (maybe a year older), with a multi-book contract, a law degree, and a kick-ass writing style. She mixes Fantasy and Romance to where you can't imagine one without the other. Add in those sly bits of humor, and you know you've found a kindred spirit.

Tiger Eye is the first in her Dirk & Steel series, and I highly recommend all to read it. You won't be sorry!
(Oh! And for my fellow comic book fans, she has an X-Men novel due out I believe next month. Very cool indeed).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home