Thursday, March 16, 2006

Fingerprinting...it's not just for fun any more!

Today I went to the local Police Department to update my fingerprints for Washington State Patrol. All certified (or about to be certified) Teachers must have their prints on file. The kicker here, is that you must update your prints every two years (and pay $65 to do so). Um...did I miss the memo? Since when do prints change?
Anywho, I went down to update mine. Strolled up to the little window, rang the little buzzer and waited for someone to help me. The woman (we'll call her ironically Ms. Happy), took my print card, informed me that I had to pay an additional $9.45 to the city for the pleasure, and sent me off to City Hall to pay. Wait. I can't pay here? Nope. I had to walk all the way around the building to the new City Hall, make my way to Finances on the third floor, and write my check out to a woman of very few words. Oh yes, they were THRILLED to see me ;)
After I paid, it was back to the Police Station to wait in line to have my prints done. They sent me to a little room, not unlike a doctors waiting room, where I waited for the lone fingerprinter to finish with the man ahead of me and his three print cards.
Finally it was my turn, she took my prints, left me with inked up fingers, and sent me on my way. *sigh* I'm pretty sure some of the ink is still there. Won't they be thrilled at the security station tonight?

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Oh, my, God. What a racket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home