Saturday, March 11, 2006

A new, old drug in town...


They're back. Just when you thought it safe to go to the grocery store, those evil pushers are back. They're back, and their wares are more dangerous than marijuana or cocaine. They are...duh, duh, du-uh! The Girl Scouts. They have returned to a grocery store entrance near you with their sweet, innocent, guiless smiles and their sing song, "Would you like to buy a box of cookies?" Run, do not walk, as fast as you can away from these little girls. They seem innocent, sure, but they know what they are doing. Their goal is to sell you as many boxes of cookies as they can, without you even realizing you've bought them.
So far I've held strong...but I don't know how much more I can take.

4 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soon they will take debit cards, and then???? I'm sunk. k

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said...

I have a bad time of it - last year my boss bought 20! boxes to share with the team....

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Not even I'm safe with my pat answer of, "Sorry, but I gave up all sweets for Lent." Now they have a quick answer of, "Oh, but you can freeze them until after Lent!" That must be a knew addition to their training handbook. Jeez! ;-)

Christina

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was hysterical...I love your writing..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home