Sunday, March 19, 2006

Two to Tango...

Just when I thought it was safe, I may need to sign up for therapy. Went to see 'Forever Tango' with my grandparents and their best friends last night. This is a couple who have watched me grow up, and have attended practically every major family type event I can remember. For as long as I can think back, they have been there. When my grandma told me we were going to a show with them, I couldn't help but look forward to it. Now, dinner was fine, oh yes. Yummy food, good bread, fun conversation. And we looked forward to the show with anticipation. The show itself was stunning. The dancers were amazing, the music beautiful. I loved it! Except for one small thing. Not sure if you all realize this, but the Tango is basically like watching a live sex show, except fully clothed with no actually sex. Yeah, and there I was sitting between Grandma and Grandpa. Uh-huh...do you see part of my problem now? Seriously, the male dancers kept feeling up their partners, and on our way out one man commented how he'd never seen a guy hold up a lady by her chest before (okay...seriously, I think he had problems with his vision. She was clearly locking her arm with his in order to stay up there). Seriously, the conversation only deteriorated from here. When we got in the car, everyone began to recap what they loved about the show, or what they were amazed by. Of course, the inevitable comments about the beautiful women popped up (including one comment from the male half of the family friends, "I wouldn't kick the blond out of my apartment"). AAAHHH! Do I really need to hear this? These people are in their 70's! I do not need this. Seriously, I think I'm traumatized. Now I need to go find a good therapist...

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Well, they might be able to handle reading romantica or the hotter romance if you write it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home