Thursday, April 06, 2006

All I wanted was an oil change...

What I got was a whole other story. Thankfully, I have a service place that I know and trust. This is important when you are a woman, as there is a tendency for such places to try to take advantage. Seeing as how I am a po' grad student, this is especially important, because I do not have money to waste on needless repairs.
So when I called for an oil change, and was told there was an online coupon, I was very happy.
When I went in and asked them to confirm their recommendation for a powersteering flush, I was ecstatic when they told me it looked fine.
When they told me I might need to flush the brake fluid though, because it looked off, I was a little leery, but if it makes the car (which is 10 years old) run longer, I might consider it.
When they called and told me my brake fluid was fine, but that the valve gasket cover was leaking and would run me over $300, I was less fine.

All I wanted was an oil change. is that too much to ask for?

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want to fix that. I had a car that caught on fire regularly because of that type of problem. And yes, I did fix it regularly, it was basically a design defect that I could easily explain without even drawing a picture. Picture a shoe box turned upside down on a right-side-up shoe box with a seal in between, and the oil entry point in the middle of the top box. D'oh! Who invented the car fire starter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home