Sunday, April 30, 2006

Geek!


Most of my friends will happily tell you that yes, I am a geek. But only in the best possible way. For example, one of my favorite shows to watch is Farscape (mmmm...John Crichton), which sadly I can only see in reruns right now. I also love everything Joss Whedon has made and could probably quote most episodes of Buffy and many lines from Firefly. I used to read comic books back in the day and I can't wait for the new X-Men movie, even though I know they have ruined some of the best storylines simply for convenience sake.
But the ultimate proof?
The other night while at dinner a friend asked about how Washington has a rainforest. Me, being me, answered, "Now the geek is going to come out." I then proceeded to fully explain how it is possible for Washington to have a rainforest. *sigh* It's a curse. I am the proud owner of a store of random and often times useless information. But it makes me an awful lot of fun in a game of random trivia.

What about you? True confessions time...

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said...

I'm the confirmed geek who also knows just about every type of needlework. It's really hilarious when my co-workers stop by and I'm waiting for some tests to run or software to install and I'm knitting....

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Erin said...

ahhh...but i know who to go to now when i have to figure out how to end a piece :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home