Sunday, April 23, 2006

I've returned!

Thoughts had while on vacation with my family:

Why must the commercials be played at top volume, but the songs turned down?

It doesn't matter how much sunscreen you put on your face, when it's a sunny day on a mountain and you're at an elevation of 4000 feet your face will still get pink.

It doesn't matter how early you leave, the 4.5 hour drive will inevitably take at least 6 hours.

It doesn't matter what size car you take on the trip, it will never be big enough.

It IS possible to stop five times in three hours to use the bathroom.

It doesn't matter what stretch of the road we're on, my mom and sister will get car sick and yell at my step-dad.

I don't care if we are in a skiing village, if you're not on the mountain and still wearing your goggles on your face, you will look silly.

Skiing is fun, but when you get to the point where you're turning into giant hills in hopes of slowing down enough to stop because your legs are too tired to stop you on their own.

Screaming "Oh, shit!" while trying to stop on the bunny hill will make people laugh at you.

Screaming "Look out!" while trying to stop on the bunny hill will also get you laughed at, but they will move.

My mom will threaten my step-dad at one time or another because of something weird and/or potentially embarrassing that he's doing (even if no one else can see/hear him).

It is inevitable...every other skiing lesson group will get the young, cute ski instructor from Australia. I will wind up in the group with the 50 year old instructor from Prague with a penchant for dirty jokes.

At the border crossing my blended family will inevitably be asked how we all know one another.

Courtesy of Lil' Sis: "Life's rough, get a helmet."

It will always take more time to get back into the US than it will to get into Canada.

My mom and Lil' Sis WILL make fun of me. They just can't seem to help it.

Mom didn't think I'd actually ski, but HA! I proved her wrong, and I have the blisters to prove it.

And finally, family vacations are like a bad date, best kept short and sweet...it cuts down on possible bloodshed.

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As person recovering from her own family vacation, these had me rolling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home