Saturday, May 13, 2006

Certain Inevitablities...

There are certain inevitabilities in life. Death, for one. Taxes. Telemarketers calling during dinners and naps. A little known one, however, is the therapeutic benefits of the bookstore.
You see, I've reached a reading slump. Everything I pick up lately just will not hold my interest. I have 4 or 5 books on my shelf that I've started, but can't seem to make it to the halfway mark before I realize that like a bad date, I'm just not that into them. Add in that I'm supposed to be working on the final piece to my portfolio, edits on my WIP and my Integrated Arts notebook, you'll start to notice the general state of malaise. Or is it PMS? Hm...now there's something to think about.

Needless to say, I reached a point today (after waking at 4:30 to go to work, and returning home to sleep for almost 3 hours) when I realized that nothing here was making me feel better. So what did I do? I did what any sane girl does...it took myself off to the bookstore. Now I know what you're all thinking. "Erin, why in the world would you go to the bookstore when you really shouldn't be spending the money? Especially when you should be waiting to spend your book allowance on Dark Side of the Moon!" Well, I'll tell you why...because I wanted to!
I walked in, and immediately I felt calmer. I strolled over to the table that carries the new releases, and what do I see? Thunderbird Falls, the sequal to CE Murphy's Urban Shaman (insert happy dance here). Then I stroll over to the romance section and see that they have one of Gena Showalter's newer books (which I've been thinking about reading for a while now). So I grab a copy of that too. Now I have two books, and a much happier outlook on things. Let the reading commence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home