Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dark Side of the Moon

Or how I self-medicate after a really bad day.
It's rare that I have such a bad day, that I feel the need to escape it all. I've had the yucky days where I just wanna come home, make some tea and relax. I've had the crummy days where I turn on the t.v. and call all my friends in an attempt to cheer up. But the truly bad days call for something more. They call for...A Book.
Before I go on, let me point out that yes, I'm doing much better now.
The reason? My license tabs still have not arrived. I'll save you the long boring story of what happened, but suffice it to say the possibility of becoming free game to every cop in town in a matter of days did not help me stay happy.
My solution? Self-medicate. I went to Borders where I knew they were holding my copy of Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I wandered up to the movie section where I debated the merits of buying my own copy of the Firefly complete season dvds, vs. continuing to borrow Serena's. I finally settled on the first season of Grey's Anatomy (another fave), which was also cheaper and on sale to boot! The complete with my book, dvd, bad & cheap chinese food, and an iced tea from Starbuck's, I let the story take me away.
And oh, my...this is one kick ass book! Without giving too very much away (cuz Sherri would not like that) I can say this...the entire Dark Hunter world is gonna get rocked. Nick's story is a big secondary story line, and the Nick you knew and loved is gone. In his place is a very angry, very bitter man...and he's in for a world of hurt. Otto is back, and you get to see a much more serious side of thim. Savitar makes a couple of guest appearances, and we love him for it. And Ravyn...what can I say about Ravyn? This is one fabulous Dark Hunter. Hopefully we'll get to see a little more of him. Especially considering how many DHs are in the Seattle area. He's gotta make a guest showing in the future.
This book also has a special place in my heart because Sherri was researching this book last summer when she came out to Seattle for a couple of speaking opportunities. I spent an afternoon with her traveling around town. We went on the Underground Tour of Pioneer Square, hit up Capital Hill in all its glory, scoped out the U-district and downtown. Basically hit the highlights. Sherri, my hat is off to you. You portrayed my city as well as anyone could.
Now, a Note to the rest of you: Go out and buy this book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home