Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well, the good news is that I don't think it's broken...

*sigh* Really, I could win an award for klutziest moments. Usually they are spectacular feats...like flipping over my handlebars, or riding in to poles. Occasionally they are the more mundane smacking of my head against the wall while sitting back in bed to read. But today's really takes the cake. While nannying this afternoon, I was making a scramble to catch one of the kids. In the process I managed to smash my baby toe in to the foot of the couch. In and of itself fairly normal. It's like my feet see an object and aim for it, completely separate from the rest of me. Alas, I smashed it so spectacularly, that for a while I thought it might be broken. There was blood involved, and let's just say my pedicure for Nationals this summer won't look quite as nice on that foot, and intense pain. Thankfully, I can bend it (sort of), so I'm pretty sure no broken bones. Of course, I could be horribly wrong, in which case the pain may be around for a bit. Mostly I'm hoping I'm right, and that the pain goes away by tomorrow a.m. I'm supposed to go on a very long walk with Ms. K, and she'll be sorely disappointed if I cancel on her.

4 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

You didn't bleed on Serena's carpet, did you? Cause that might detract from her house sale...especially once she tells people about the room for the dead bodies. *snort*

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Nope. As a matter of fact I was very calm and thoughtful. I "encouraged" Serena's dear daughter to run and grab me 2 bandaids, while I kept the boys from realizing how freaked I was. my sock was under my foot the whole time, and thankfully nothing dripped. Of course, when Serena came home, her first question (once she got in the house) was, "What happened to you?"
*snort* Never a dull moment. That's what I have to say about it.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Listen smart girl, you'd better keep that foot elevated and forego that big walk tomorrow. Trust me, little toe breaks aren't pretty. Even if it isn't broken you might do more damage to it by doing too much. Remember, you've got to stay in top dancin' form for National! :-)

Christina

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say, "the dog ate my homework?" OR? "Stop. Rock in shoe." I would have understood. If you wanted out of the walk, you really did not have to break a toe. (Though this does raise the question of whether or not you can be a pedestrian.) Heeheeheeeeee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home