Thursday, June 08, 2006

Drive-by Book Rave!


I've been on a total book binge since my classes let out. It started with Dark Side of the Moon (getting to see Sherrilyn Kenyon tonight!), and continued on with the books I'll be raving about for the next couple of days.
Today's Rave is Enslave Me Sweetly, by Gena Showalter. And before you all start snickering that it's some kind of bondage book or other, let me correct you. Enslave Me Sweetly is the second book in Gena's Alien Huntress series. The first, Awaken Me Darkly, bowled me over and had me recommending it to every reader I know.
Enslave is the story of Eden Black, assassin extraordinaire. Eden's character had the potential to be very black and white (no pun intended), but is more than a simple cold-blooded character. She's intent on fixing her one failure, and in doing so must accept a partner for the first time in her career. The chemistry between Eden and Lucien is hot, hot, hot! I barely managed to put the book down to go to work. In her series, Gena has created a rich new world, ripe for discovery. I cannot wait for the next one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home