Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Food...

I love food. There, I said it. I do. To be more specific. I love GOOD food. I also have some weird eating habits. First off, my eating is seasonal. Sort of. I go through phases. I can go for a month eating pasta for dinner. Usually it's pasta with spaghetti sauce, or with butter if I'm out of sauce. Other months I'm all about soup. I can eat it for lunch and dinner, and be content. Summer brings with it its own brand of food choices. Now most of you are probably thinking, well sure! Summer brings BBQs and salads, lots of fresh veggies and fruits.
Yeah, no. See, for me I love all that stuff. Really I do. I go through a ton of fruit every day simply because in the summer it's all so good. But when it comes to mealtimes, it's all about the cereal. It's a habit I picked up from my mother, who thinks nothing of pouring herself cereal for dinner. I gladly carry on the tradition. I try to stick to the healthy ones (tonight is Raisin Bran), but I've been known to cave and have Lucky Charms three times a day.

So tell me, what are your weird food habits?

5 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Oh, I have a love/hate relationship with food, that's for sure. I'm the same way with you about cereal! I've been eating quite a few Raisin Bran cereal and a couple of extra healthy ones for dinner the past couple of months. Also, I get cravings for pancakes for dinner. Ah, another wonderful thing about not having to cook dinner for others. ;-) The pasta is a given for me. I am Italian after all. But, I'd say one of my bad food habits is soft, puffy cheetos. Ever since childhood, those have been my guilty pleasure. I pour them into my soup, put them into sandwiches and eat them by the handful...read bagful. ;-) This is exactly why I can't keep them in my house as an adult. Way too dangerous!

Christina

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent a few months developing a recipe for microwaved spaghetti. Not only can I make a solid bowl of pasta in the microwave, I can store it, naked, in the fridge for a few days, reheat it in the microwave and I'd still put it up against fresh, stovetop spaghetti.

Of course, I don't serve it to guests on principle.

David

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cereal for dinner/lunch/bfast/snacks! It's awesome. Plus, so easy to clean up afterward. I am on a grilled cheese and tomato soup kick. I've had them for lunch every day for the past two weeks and counting. Now, I can even get them to make it for me at work!
al :)

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Love it all! Keep 'em coming folks. I know I'm not alone in my weird food habits.

And David, one day you'll have to share that recipe with me.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

I do almost exactly the same kind of thing you do, Erin, where I eat something really random multiple meals in a row. Weird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home