Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's just a summer fling...

Summer and the movie Grease will forever be linked in my mind. Some of my best camp memories are of going up to the gymnastics room (read: room filled with floor mats, a vaulting thing-y, unparallel bars, and various other things) and putting on the soundtrack. For the next 50 minutes, we'd sing along at the top of our longs to songs like Summer Lovin', Grease Lightning and Look at me I'm Sandra Dee. Probably the funniest part was that this was on a record, not tape, not cd, so there was no good way to go back to re-listen to the one song you really liked. Now I'm sure our counselors very much appreciated that fact. I for one found it greatly disappointing.
Summer to me also means books. Lots and lots of books. And this summer is no exception. I currently have the following titles in my to be read pile (though by no means is this an exhaustive list):
  • Don't Look Down - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • California Demon - Julie Kenner
  • Extreme Bachelor - Julia London
  • Bump in the Night - JD Robb, et al.
  • Master of Wolves - Angela Knight
  • Dark Protector - Alexis Morgan
  • Kitty Goes to Washington - Carrie Vaughn
  • Sofie Metropolis - Tori Carrington
  • The Solomon Sisters Wise Up - Melissa Senate
  • and wide range of others.
This doesn't even include the books that are on request at the library that have not arrived. Nor does it include the books that I've been waiting and waiting and waiting on but have not been released yet.
And of course, among all this I'm still working like mad to get this latest round of revisions done, so I can begin my next pass through. Can we say crazy?
Yeah, I thought so.
Needless to say, I'm using this summer to catch up on all those books I've seen in the stores, but didn't have time for. Not to mention all the fabulous offerings coming out now.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One Grease sound track coming up! We can sing in the car. I can't wait. (Though I do feel some pity for those fools who might voluntarily agree to ride anywhere with us.) K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home