Saturday, June 24, 2006

The theme is summer!

Seems to me there's a theme running rampant among blogs this week...summer! And I'm not gonna be left behind.
Most of my summer memories are of growing up and attending day camp (or in the case of two traumatic summers...overnight camp). They are visiting my grandparents at the lake they live on, and begging my grandpa to take us around the lake "Just one more time, puh-lease!"
They are running around in 90+ degree heat and 85% humidity, and wondering just how much air conditioning can be pumped into one building.
My summer memories now are a bit different. They are of bike rides with Mom, hiking with friends, cool breezes, relaxing and wondering just how much time I can get in on my writing.
I hiked this afternoon with a group of ladies from school. These are some amazing women who awe me each day with how much they truly care about their students, their friends and their families. They make me laugh and smile, but best of all...they make me a better teacher and person.
Now, I know what you're wondering. How long was that hike? Did you hurt yourself? Did you hurt anyone else? The answers (in order): 4 miles, almost (but my new hiking poles saved me), and not that I know of (though I'm sure I accidently kicked or hit a few with my new hiking poles). One thing I did learn...those poles make a difference! Usually I end hikes (regardless of how long) with a sore lower back. The poles took some of that weight off my back, which made it a lot more pleasant. Not to mention, they kept me from falling flat on my face when I tripped over my own two feet. This was reason enough to spend the money on them!

In other news, I'm over half way through on the most current round of revisions. I should reach my goal of finishing this round before conference, and if I really push myself I might even get a head start on the next round before I leave. Woohoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home