Sunday, July 23, 2006

Buuuuunnnnngggggeeee!


Sometimes, a girl's just gotta have fun...or so Cyndi Lauper told us. Today was one of those days. I went to the company picnic for the Big Corporation here in town today. Mostly it was hot. Hot and busy. Seattle, like much of the rest of the country, is experiencing a heatwave, with temperatures the other day reaching 104 degrees in some spots. This, for an area that spends much of it's summer in the comfortable low 70's, is a bit much for anyone, let alone me. You know, the girl who left the midwest to escape the heat? Yeah. It's just not right. So, today made for day 4...or was that 5...of the heatwave. Not a day to spend out in the sun, running around. And yet that's what I did.
But it wasn't all bad. In one section they had a rock climbing wall set up, with the other side of the wall hoisting up the Bungee Bounce (or whatever you want to call it). We went on it, and it was awesome! I did back flips and front flips (which most people don't usually try, according to the guy hooking me into the harness)...I flew through the air, with the greatest of ease. Or...at least I bounced through the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home