Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Office Supplies...

What is it about office supplies? Every writer I know loves them. We could spend hours going through Office Depot or Staples looking at pens, sticky notes, folders, binders...you name it, we love it. There's something about the possibilities that office supplies promise. Personally? I'm all about a good pen and sticky notes. I have them everywhere. Most writers I know do, as well.
The other supply culprits are teachers. We love them because they make our job easier. We can buy bulk paper, pens, pencils, paper clips...actually organize our rooms and life styles. Which is why I'm in so much trouble. Target has started their back to school sales early this year (way too early in my opinion, as it is still mid-July), and they have everything. Makes me want to yell, "Step away from the notebooks and no one gets hurt!" I was practically drooling.

As a writer and as a teacher, I'm in trouble. Big trouble.

6 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Shannon McKelden said...

Office Max just sent me an approximately 1000 page catalogue today. Not quite the same experience as actually being there among the office supplies...but close. :-)

Shannon

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I got a coupon from my credit card company to use at Office Depot...good times, I tell you. Good times :D

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, i love office supplies. #1 best reason to have a job, imo.

i don't know if you're on the staples email list, but i just got an email from them with coupons like $1 off $1, $2 off $2, $5 off $5. score!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Esri Rose said...

Yeah, WTF? I was at Target today, and there were the moms and their spawn, poking through my section, which was now taking up 1/3 of the store. Like it takes, what, a month and a half to make sure you have the right kind of notebook? Do the cool school supplies sell out really quickly, and you have to get there early or be left with lunchboxes featuring Lawrence Welk, carved out of granite? Puh-leese.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... so does that just make me a freak as non-writer, non-teacher that I drool over pens, markers, crayons, paper and post-its?

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Yes, Ms. K, it means you're a freak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home