Sunday, August 27, 2006

Check the traffic reports...


I biked with Mom again this a.m. We had a lovely time, except we probably should have checked traffic reports before meeting. Somehow both of us failed to realize that we would be biking THRU the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. Ha!
These women are amazing. For those who don't know, the participants walk a total of 60 miles over the three days. They don't even get a comfy bed to sleep in each night! All the money they raise goes to support Breast Cancer research and the walk. On day three, everyone we passed was still going strong, despite injuries and inevitable fatigue. We saw women wearing fairy wings, pink cowboy hats and other regalia (not always at the same time, mind you.) Probably the best were the women wearing the t-shirts that read "Save the Tatas". *snort* Love that one!

Of course, to bring this all back around to the point, I felt like a princess riding by on my bicycle with my pink helmet (totally not planned). Everyone we passed announced us to the walkers in front of them with a fabulous, "Bikes! Bikes coming through! On your left!" It was like being announced at a regency ball. I guess technically they just didn't want their friends to get run over by us, but it definitely made it easier for us to pass through.

So congratulations to everyone to walked this weekend. You done good!

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday I want to do the 3-Day. But, wow, 60 miles in three days. Twenty miles per day? Ouch. Maybe I'll train for it and do it the year I turn forty. That would be kind of cool. Wanna do it with me?

I love that you wore a pink helmet!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Erin said...

You're on! Looks like we have at least a couple of years to get in shape for it ;) Not to mention to start raising the money.

Yup, one of these days I'll have to get a pic of us in our matching helmets. They definitely get us noticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home