Sunday, August 13, 2006

Oh My Goth!


Gena Showalter's foray into the young adult market is a fabulous move. Oh My Goth provides a peek into the mind of Jade Leigh, non-conformist and Goth. Jade finds herself in trouble one more time, but this time around her principal is not letting her off simply by sending her to detention. No, Jade is do the lesson of a lifetime.

Gena opens up her readers to the world of high school, but this is not your cookie cutter, Sweet Valley High wanna-be book. Oh My Goth opens us up to the possibility of what happens when everything you know is turned upside down, and you are forced to walk a mile in someone elses shoes.

I cannot recommend this book enough for both adults and teens. I finished the book in a day, quite the feet considering everything else has been taking me a week at least to get through. Go. Buy. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home