Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ways in which to procrastinate...

I still don't think I've recovered from my trip to Atlanta. Since I returned, I know I haven't gotten enough sleep and I've been working like crazy. Which leads me to the ways in which I have figured out how to procrastinate from finishing revisions on my WiP.
  • Work...get a job. Jobs can effectively offer you excuses for why you can't write. Multiple jobs (like the 3 I have) are especially effective.
  • Books...all the books I brought back with me from Atlanta, both purchased and free. Some of these I'd been waiting months for. Now that I have them, I can't NOT read them.
  • Call a friend...kind of like the Phone a Friend option on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, calling a friend is an effective means of procrastination. Especially when said phone call is ABOUT procrastination. If you pick the friend well, not only will s/he understand your plight, but s/he will also help to steer the conversation away from writing on to more important topics...like men.
In the meantime, I have several submission packets I have to pull together in the next couple of weeks, and I intend to do so right away....
Just as soon as I fold that laundry.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger The (Mis)Adventures of a Single City Chick said...

Ha! Hey, you knew what you were getting yourself into when you phoned me! LOL!

Christina

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Reading friends' blogs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home