Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Legos in my head...


Before you start laughing your tush off at the image, let me explain. I was talking with a friend tonight, and explaining that I have a mental block against the definition/concepts of certain words. For example, I can never keep straight the difference between "semi-annual" and "bi-annual". (In case you care, semi-annual is twice a year, bi-annual is every other year.) I don't have any clue why. Usually words are my strong suit, but for some reason these elude me. To further prove my point, I went on to explain that I'm pretty sure that my mental block is made of legos. More than likely from the Star Wars kits, or possibly from the castle kits. You know, the ones with the princess and her night in shining plastic? Yup, my brain is made of legos. Or has been blocked by legos. Either way, I'm not sure it's a good thing.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But but but....
Legos are supposed to UNLEASH creativity. Why else would they be sold in kits that are supposed to be put together exactly one way?
Scott

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Ah, but see here's the thing...it's not about creativity at all. Simply about my inability to retain the conceptual difference between one and the other.
As for legos unleashing creativity...well, duh-uh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home