Monday, October 02, 2006

Cell phone fun...

Not!
Those of you who have followed this blog for the last year may remember the saga of the cell phone from last winter (I believe. Frankly, the pain and horror are still fresh in my mind, and so it may well have been before or after that). Needless to say I've been in cell phone hell ever since. I have a horrible phone that people can barely hear me through. The battery hardly holds (though it was better than its predecessor), and the list goes on.
Since that day I've waited patiently for my cell phone service agreement to run its course so I could leave the company who shall not be named but begin with a C. Anyway, that day has come, loyal readers. After services this morning, where we were enlightened on what it means to forgive, I changed clothes and hurried over to Car Toys to see what kind of deal they could make me. It was a bit like a game show. What would they show me? What would he try to talk me in to buying? What extra nonsense would I end up shelling out half my life savings and my promised first born child to?
It was painless. I am the happy owner of a new phone, new contract, new company, same number. The biggest frill is that it has a camera on it...so I can take pictures of the people I know and care about, and attach those photos to their names. Ha! I see hours of enjoyment right there.
The worst part? I couldn't port over my phone numbers. So I've spend the last 3o minutes re-typing in all the phone numbers of the important people in my life. Or, I've at least been entering numbers for the people who were in the phone before. Gone are those names and numbers of people I haven't talked to in over a year. No more shall they clutter my phone. Mostly because my hand was starting to bother me, and I needed to stop.
So there is my exciting day. What about you? Please share while I'm off trying to set up my voice mail.

3 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Hi! Amanda just told me she saw you the other night. How small a world is it?!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It really is a small, small world. And I swear it gets smaller every day. Did she also tell you she grew up only a few towns away from the one I grew up in?

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

NO! She didn't. Have you left for the conference yet? No, it starts at 2. Hey, here's the thing. I'm not cool enough to be at the conference, but if you guys go get drinks or something I'd like to go. Call me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home