Sunday, October 08, 2006

Drive-by blogging...

I promise a longer, more detailed post soon, but right now my brain is fried. I returned from ECWC this afternoon and have been acting out my imitation of a cucumber ever since...chilling on my couch.
Highlights of conference include:
  • literacy booksigning on Saturday. Books! More books! I was so proud. I only bought 2 books at the signing, and they were ones I really wanted, not just ones I thought would be fun. Killed that pride this afternoon when I stopped in at B&N to get my teacher discount (gotta love Teacher Appreciation Week), and walked out with 4 more books. In my defense, though, I've been waiting for these. They were the new Sherrilyn Kenyon anthologies, the new Cathy Yardley anthology, and the new Erin McCarthy. All are essentially on my auto-buy list. In my defense, I went in to pick up a couple of writing craft books, but they didn't have what I wanted. Sadly, I still have about half of the books I bought at National Conference still on my shelf, not to mention the ones I'd bought before that. Hmmmm...
  • Awesome workshop on goal setting. But it wasn't simply goal setting, it was following through and not cheating yourself on what you really want. I came out of this one on a total high.
  • 2, count 'em 2, requests from agents for partial submissions. Yippee! Conference goal achieved!
And now, back to our regularly scheduled program of decompressing. Tomorrow is new teacher training at the district level, so I won't actually be in with my students. Should be interesting...

4 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger lacey kaye said...

TWO!!! You rock, girl! Now get them out! Get. Get!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

(Does being a loyal blog reader entitle one to autographs of your first book?)


-David

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Of course!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Dona Sarkar-Mishra said...

I love the concept of your book. Congrats on your request.

Go get 'em!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home